Squashing “Beefs” Around Town: The Mobile Fire Rescue Department Receives ‘Gold Standard’ Accreditation

Mobile Rundown Staff

The Mobile Fire-Rescue Department does a lot. 

When they’re not putting out fires or investigating them, they undergo training, conduct inspections, engage in community outreach, provide emergency medical services, and maintain equipment. 

Squashing “Beefs” Around Town

Firefighters also often help with non-fire-related incidents like rescuing animals, containing hazardous spills, and sorting out vehicular accidents. 

MFRD recently helped out in one meaty mishap on the I-10. 

A beef-loaded 18-wheeler took an unexpected tumble near the I-65 north ramp.

The truck, carrying a hefty load of 33,000 to 35,000 pounds of beef, flipped over with a meaty splat!

Thankfully, only 10% of the succulent cargo spilled onto the ground, while the remaining 90% definitely stayed put inside the trailer. 

With the lanes blocked, causing delays to commuters, the scene was something out of a carnivorous carnival.

MFRD reported that there were no injuries.

This is the kind of stuff that MFRD deals with day in and day out, and they perform their duties incredibly well.  

That’s why they’ve recently clinched the prestigious “Gold Standard” accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS).

The rest of Alabama’s fire departments have some catching up to do! 

With this achievement, MFRD now stands tall among the top 1% of fire departments in the country

Out of 18,200 EMS providers across the US, only a dedicated 185 have achieved this coveted CAAS accreditation.

And guess what?

Only 25 of them are fire departments

Talk about blazing the trail!

So, next time you’re in need, rest easy knowing that MFRD will deliver the highest level of care to all residents of Mobile. 

Let’s raise a toast (not a flaming one, though) to the Mobile Fire-Rescue Department, as they set an example for all fire departments across the state! 

If you’d like to check out other news stories, hop over to our news corner.

Disclosure:  this article might contain affiliate links. This means we will make a commission if you purchase using our link. You get the same price whether you use our special link or not, and sometimes we’re able to get you an even better deal through our relationships!  More info in our privacy policy.

More Posts You’ll Like