- Join Miracle on the Bay’s Parade for St. Jude on Feb. 5th
Miracle on the Bay’s 5th parade for St. Jude is on February 5th with 9 floats and local celebrities. It’ll be a fun-filled event supporting St. Jude research.
- South Alabama Women’s Tennis Clinches 7-0 Victory Over Florida A&M
South Alabama women’s tennis triumphed with a 7-0 win against Florida A&M, marking their second consecutive sweep this season.
- Housing First Hosts Major Support Event for Homeless Community
Housing First, Inc. hosted a major event offering free essential services and goods to the homeless in Mobile and Baldwin Counties.
Over 100 providers and 600 volunteers, including students, helped with medical aid, legal support, and more.
- Live WWII Reenactment at USS ALABAMA Park Set for Feb. 3rd
Experience history at USS ALABAMA Battleship Park’s Living History Crew Drill on February 3, featuring WWII re-enactors and a dramatic mock battle.
It’s a day of immersive history and excitement, included with park admission.
- Myer Companies Announces $2.6M Expansion in Mobile County
Myer Companies LLC is investing $2.6 million to expand in Mobile County, Alabama, with a new 10,000-square-foot facility.
This expansion, creating 26 jobs, will enhance their production capabilities and support local industries, beginning March 2024.
- Cain’s Merry Widows to Celebrate 50th Anniversary on Joe Cain Day
Cain’s Merry Widows gear up for a day of joy and nostalgia on their 50th anniversary this Joe Cain Day, Feb. 11, 2024.
- Crawfish Prices Rise in Mobile, Businesses Stay Hopeful
Crawfish prices in Mobile have nearly tripled this season, with average costs soaring to $13 per pound.
Despite the hike, local businesses remain optimistic about customer demand, especially during Mardi Gras.
Disclaimer: These news stories are summaries of various local news and reports from the past week.
If you’d like to check out other news stories, hop over to our news corner.