- This event has passed.
Kid Chefs Best on the Bay
January 8 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$8 – $12
How Foodies “Do” Kid Chefs Best on the Bay 2022
As the day of our inaugural Kid Chefs Best on the Bay fundraiser draws near, we are boiling over with excitement! Our first of its kind event will highlight guest chefs coupled with 2-3 kid chefs for a “mystery basket” style cooking exhibition supporting The Cookery Project, a 501c3 charity. The lineup of chefs supporting our cause has us star struck. We have received commitments from:
Executive Chef, Arwen Rice
(Famous for her wood fired pizzas and featured in Mobile Bay Magazine)
Red or White
Executive Chef & Owner, Chris Rainosek
(Farm to table hero featured in The Scout Guide and Mobile Bay Magazine)
The Noble South and The Wash House
Executive Chef & Owner, Jim Smith
(Contestant on Bravo TV’s Top Chef Season 14, Executive Chef of the State of Alabama, and Chairman of the Alabama Seafood Marketing Commission)
Executive Chef & Owner, Panini Pete
(Multiple appearances on the Food Network, cofounder of the PR Foundation, proud Messlords member)
Panini Pete’s, Sunset Point, Squid Ink, and Ed’s Shed
1. Grab the kiddos! Sooo, kids are really optional because this event will be fun for all ages. Some of the fun includes admission to My Body Works Interactive Gallery, a DJ to dance the time away, and games to play like blind taste challenge, kitchen headbandz, hot potato, and door prizes!
2. Bring your appetite! In addition to endless charcuterie, you will have the opportunity to sample the dishes prepared by our teams.
3. Come thirsty! Your admission includes 1 drink ticket for each guest, and we will have kid friendly beverages as well as adult friendly beverages and cash bar.
4. Bring your wallet! There will be more ways to show your support at the event including a cooking party drawdown, apron purchases, silent auction, Chefie Kits, and cooking class sponsorship opportunities! All proceeds go to supporting the work of The Cookery Project, so feel free to spend your CHEDDAR…it’s for a great cause!
5. Have fun, smile, and celebrate! We are ready for a celebration of epic proportions! Now that you are properly prepared for all of the KCBOTB fun set to take place, tell a friend, grab your tickets, and let’s gather together for a mission that KNEADS your DOUGH to make a difference!