BizKidz Young Entrepreneur Scholarship & Pitch Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ENTER. PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IN THE NAME OF THE ENTRANT’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Young Entrepreneur Pitch Contest Scholarship (“Contest”) is a competition in which eligible participants compete for cash scholarship(s).
The Contest will operate as follows:
Submission Period: The Submission Period begins on or about June 15, 2022 and ends on or about October 1, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time.
Contest Judging: Submissions will be viewed by sponsors and the sponsors will vote to decide the winners of the scholarship(s).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To participate, Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To enter the Contest you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) prior to entering and be: (i) 5 years of age or older at the time of entry and currently in grades Kindergarten through 12th Grade (each a “Participant”, collectively, the “Participant”, and (ii) who is a legal resident of, and physically resides within the fifty (50) United States.
Children of Sponsors may enter, but those sponsors must recuse themselves from voting if their child enters.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Contest offers eligible Entrants an opportunity to post a Submission, as described below, to progress to the Contest Judging phase.
To become an Eligible Entrant you may enter by completing the form located here.
IMPORTANT: Entrant’s Submission may appear in the contest producer’s and/or sponsors social media stream. If Entrant does not want his or her Submission to be made public, he or she should not enter the Contest. Contest Entities will determine in their sole discretion which Entries have satisfied the eligibility requirements. Without in any way limiting the effect of the rest of these Official Rules, any Entrant who incorporates any intellectual property owned by a third party into his or her Submission without written permission is solely responsible for any such use of the intellectual property, and such Submission shall be disqualified from the Contest.
4. WINNER/FINALIST NOTIFICATION: The Entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if a Minor) who is responsible for posting the Submission will be appointed as the designated contact and will be responsible for fulfilling all Submission requirements as stated herein. The potential winner and each Participant (or each Participant’s parent or legal guardian if a Minor) will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by contest producer in its sole discretion (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure by the potential winner or any member of the Group (if applicable) to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner based on the judging results. Pending the completion and return of the Prize Claim Documents and verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, the potential winner and Group Participants (if applicable) will be confirmed as the official “Grand Prize Winner(s)”. For tax reporting purposes, the Grand Prize Winner(s) must provide the Contest Entities with his or her social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form-1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner(s) in February 2023 for the actual value of the prize received.
5. PRIZES: The total amount given away in scholarships will be a minimum of five hundred US Dollars ($500), awarded via checks to one or more participants. The number of sponsors and entrants will determine the total number and amounts of scholarships given.
The winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant (and his or her parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the contest producer, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that he or she may win, each Entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to release the Contest Entities, and their respective affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Each Entrant (and, in the case of a minor Entrant, his or her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf) authorizes the Contest Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Contest Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Contest Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, release forms, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, grant, use of or participation in any prize or related prize event, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; (vi) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Contest and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor’s representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. INDEMNITY: Winner (and, in the case of a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Contest; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, participation in, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
8. SUBMISSION REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant (in the case of a minor Entrant, such minor winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Business Results are the entrant’s own original work. Each Entrant (and, in the case of a minor winner, such Minor winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
9. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor, such Minor’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants to the contest producer, its designees, affiliates, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Business Results in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions. Contest producer shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Business Results for any purpose which contest producer deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
10. ARBITRATION AND GOVERNING LAW: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the comprehensive arbitration rules. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. The arbitration of disputes pursuant to this paragraph shall be in the Entrant’s individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
This Contest is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and each Entrant agrees that any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall be subject to the jurisdiction and venue of Mobile County, Alabama.