The Mobile Rundown is a fan of Bienville Bites and its food tours.
They’re great for locals and tourists alike. The owners are relentlessly creating new and creative tours around the year’s seasons.
If you like walking and eating, then these walking food tours are for you.
(sidenote: they’ve got food tours in Fairhope too!)
Here are some great walking food tours that Bienville Bites has going on right now!
Info from their reservation page reads:
The signature food tour in Mobile! Get your tastebuds ready for an afternoon full of iconic Gulf Coast dishes!
- Taste Gulf Coast staples like a true Mobilian!
- Hear stories from over 300 years of history and learn about the city of six flags. Walk away knowing the birthplace of Mardi Gras!
- Our LoDa Stroll will include tastings from 7 of downtown Mobile’s favorite restaurants and shops.
- Experience the history, culture, and hear the stories of downtown Mobile’s Lower Dauphin Street Historic District (LoDa)
- Learn the stories behind the food and the restaurants.
- Have fun getting to know other locals and guests to our city.
- Add on the cocktail package and take your drinks with you in our entertainment district.
Their reservation page reads:
Explore the food history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years! Each of our five stops is a different, unique dining experience.
- Begin the evening with a breathtaking view of the city at Dauphin’s. The 75-nautical mile view is almost as phenomenal as the food.
- Hear how food has shaped our culture and way of life on the Gulf Coast as we travel the Downtown Mobile Oyster Trail.
- Enjoy a variety of excellent dishes with each stop as a unique dining experience, from fine dining to pub food.
- Join us as we walk through the centuries of food history in Mobile and highlight four dishes contributed to our pallets by Mobilians.
What to Expect
For thousands of years, people have enjoyed cuisine from our local waters – the Mobile River, Mobile Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico.
On our Old Mobile Evening Tour, we will highlight these four dishes contributed to our pallets by Mobilians as we walk through the centuries of cuisine on our way to five of Mobile’s best restaurants and eateries.Get Tickets Here
Themed Food Tours
Bienville Bites also tirelessly creates incredible themed tours that are fun and unique.
They’re perfect for both locals and tourists.
Be on the lookout, as they love holiday tours (tacky sweaters, anyone?) and haunted food tours!
Remember me mentioning that they also have a food tour over in Fairhope? We recently tested out the Taste of Fairhope. Watch below or see recap vid here.
About the Bienville Bites Food Tour Owners
Chris and Laney combined their food, history, and hospitality passions in 2017 when they started Bienville Bites Food Tour, Mobile’s first and only food tour.
Since then, Bienville Bites has been named the “Best Food Tour in Alabama”, and has been consistently awarded the “Certificate of Excellence” by TripAdvisor, which is given to the top 10% of attractions worldwide based on excellent five-star reviews.
In the fall of 2020, the couple launched Taste of Fairhope in Fairhope, Alabama, allowing people to connect through food and drink on both sides of Mobile Bay.
The two are passionate about connecting people to the city of Mobile through food and drink while giving them experiences to share with others.
Bienville Bites and the team have a great blog and have recently launched a podcast — go learn more about them here.
Related Reading: Breakfast Places In Mobile – Find Them Here.